Download a pdf version of the 2013 Event & Visit Schedule.
January (No Visits)
1/2 All students are to return by 8:00 p.m.
1/3 Classes Resume
1/21 MLK Day – NO SCHOOL
1/21 The Skate 6:00-8:00 p.m.*
1/27 Youth Service with Boys Dorm at 6pm*
2/1 – 3 Boys Town Visit Weekend
2/9 Rock & Worship Road Show Concert, Indy*
2/15 – 18 Girls Town Visit Weekend (Extra day due to President’s Day)
2/17 Youth Service with Girls Dorm at 6pm*
2/18 President’s Day – NO SCHOOL
2/18 The Skate 6:00-8:00 p.m.*
2/22 Winter Jam in Cincinnati, Ohio*
3/1 – 3 Resident Boys 2B+ Visit Weekend
3/3 Youth Service with Boys Dorm at 6pm*
3/15 – 17 Resident Girls 2B+ Visit Weekend
3/18 The Skate 6:00-8:00 p.m.*
3/24 – 26 Heaven’s Gates & Hell’s Flames Drama at 7:00 pm Nightly*
3/25 – 29 Spring Break/NO SCHOOL
4/5 – 7 Boys Town Visit Weekend
4/15 The Skate 6:00-8:00 p.m.*
4/26 – 28 Girls Town Visit Weekend
4/28 Youth Service with Girls Dorm at 6pm*
5/10 – 12 Resident Boys 2B+ Visit Weekend
5/12 Youth Service with Boys Dorm at 6pm*
5/17 – 19 Resident Girls 2B+ Visit Weekend
5/20 The Skate 6:00-8:00 p.m.*
5/24 Last day of School; Dismissal at 12:00pm
5/25 Graduation Banquet at 12:00 p.m. and Graduation Ceremony at 3:00 p.m.
5/26 Holiday Picnic/Baptisms – Parents Welcome
5/27 – 6/2 Level 3+ Boys & Girls Summer Home Visit Week; Students to return to campus by 5pm
6/3 – 7 Boys Wilderness Camp*
6/7 – 9 Boys Town Visit Weekend
6/10 – 14 Girls Wilderness Camp*
6/17 Summer School Begins
6/28 – 30 Girls Town Visit Weekend
6/30 Youth Service with Girls Dorm at 6pm*
7/7 Holiday Picnic/Baptism Parents Welcome
7/19 Summer School Ends
7/19 – 21 Resident Boys 2B+ Visit Weekend
7/21 Youth Service with Boys Dorm at 6pm*
7/26 – 28 Resident Girls 2B+ Visit Weekend
8/9 – 11 Boys Town Visit Weekend
8/12 First Day of School
8/19 The Skate 6:00-8:00 p.m.*
8/21 – 23 NCC hosts FCFI Annual Conference; Services 7:00 p.m. Nightly*
8/23 – 25 Girls Town Visit Weekend
8/25 Youth Service with Girls Dorm at 6pm*
9/1 Holiday Picnic/Baptism Parents Welcome
9/2 Labor Day/NO SCHOOL
9/13 – 15 Resident Boys 2B+ Visit Weekend
9/15 Youth Service with Boys Dorm at 6pm*
9/16 The Skate 6:00-8:00 p.m.*
9/27 – 29 Resident Girls 2B+ Visit Weekend
10/4 – 6 Boys Town Visit Weekend
10/18 – 20 Girls Town Visit Weekend
10/20 Youth Service with Girls Dorm at 6pm*
10/21 The Skate 6:00-8:00 p.m.*
11/1 – 3 Boys & Girls Town Visit
11/1 New Creations 44th Annual Banquet 6:30pm*; Doors open at 6:00pm Parents Welcome
11/2 Mandatory Parent Meeting from 9am – 12pm at Church Sanctuary
11/18 The Skate 6:00-8:00 p.m.*
11/27 Last day of School Dismissal 12:00pm; Level 2B+ Parent pick ups 2:30pm; Return Sunday, Dec 1st by 5:00pm
11/27-12/1 Level 2B+ Boys & Girls Home Visit
11/28 Thanksgiving Dinner @ 12:00pm, Parents Welcome
11/28 – 29 THANKSGIVING/NO SCHOOL
12/16 The Skate 6:00-8:00 p.m.*
12/20 Last Full Day of School Christmas Break – Parent pick ups after 4pm
12/21 Airport Runs: All Departing flights must take place on Sat 12/21 12pm-6pm
ALL STUDENTS HAVE HOME VISIT DURING CHRISTMAS; Must return on January 2, 2014 by 5pm! Only exception for those flying. All Returning flights must take place on Jan 2nd 12pm-6pm
*Students will be unavailable for phone calls during these events.
FOR ALL VISIT WEEKENDS:
Residents may be picked up by 3:30 p.m. on Friday and Returned by 5:00 p.m. on Sunday (unless Monday is a holiday). If your student is on a town visit, he/she must attend all Sunday church services at NCC.
*Any deviation from the dates of designated visit weekends must be cleared through the Dorm Directors ONLY.
If your student is involved in a sporting event or a choir program during a visit weekend, we ask you to honor their commitment and not take them home for a visit until their game or program is over.
NO OVERNIGHT VISITS FOR STUDENTS WHO ARE A “SUPER NO” STATUS.
Entry Level Students must be enrolled in program for a minimum of 60 days before a visit is earned.
RICHMOND AREA MOTELS/HOTELS:
- Days Inn 765-966-4900
- Best Western 765-939-6878
- Motel 6 765-966-6682
- Fairfield Inn 937-437-8009 (NC has special rates)
- Comfort Inn 765-935-4766
- Super 8 Motel 765-962-7576
- Hampton Inn 765-939-9500
- Holiday Inn 765-966-7511
- No flights with a departure before 3:00 p.m. on Friday, and all returns must be by 8:00 p.m. on Sunday
- $70 charge for flights to/from Dayton International (45 minute drive)
- $110 charge for flights to/from Indianapolis International (1 hour 30 minutes)
- Residents traveling are given spending money if the money is in their account; amount is based on parent’s request.
- Tickets or itinerary need to be in the office two weeks prior to the travel date
- Tickets need to be purchased by the parents and sent to us, or the money sent to New Creations for us to purchase the tickets no later than the Monday before departure.
- Residents traveling are given spending money if the money is in their account, amount is based on parent’s request.
- Bus should depart from Dayton, Ohio.
RULES FOR RESIDENT’S ON VISITS
All New Creation’s rules remain in effect throughout the visit. Your child is told this. The only exception would be they are permitted to wear colored clothes, and girls are allowed to wear make-up and jewelry on the visit. However, she/he must not wear colored clothes, jewelry, or make-up if coming on NCC property, unless she/he is the appropriate level.
Here are a few reminders: Your child needs to be supervised at all times, regardless of their current level. Your child should show you, other adults, and other people in general their due respect at all times. There should be no fighting. They should not self-mutilate in any way. Rules for communication with the opposite sex are as follows:
- Level 1C – 2C: No communication of any kind with the opposite sex. This includes opposite sex family members unless they are children. They are not allowed to have phone calls from the opposite sex, no dating, and no 1 on 1 time whatsoever.
- Level 2B – 2A: They may talk with the opposite sex in groups that are supervised by an adult. They are not allowed to have phone calls from the opposite sex, no dating, and no 1 on 1 time whatsoever.
- Level 3’s: Are allowed 1 on 1 time with the opposite sex with parent’s approval.
No student, regardless of level, is to have any communication with any other resident of the opposite sex. Girls are free to call other girl residents, guys are free to call other guy residents. No cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, or sex. Residents should not have any communication with any old, “bad” friends.
In addition, parents, it’s a good idea to carefully supervise phone calls, nobody wants a phone bill for hundreds of dollars (which has happened to other parents in the past). In addition, stamps (for letter writing) and loose money (for phones) are probably a little too tempting for some residents, as these are great ways to communicate with the opposite sex and hard for parents to find out.
Last updated 1/14/2013